There is a line from a song drifting through my head these past few days, over and over, and it is the echo of my soul. "I will praise you in this storm, I will lift my hands, for You are who You are, no matter where I am"....
It seems there have been many storms to hit the Philippines lately... storms of wind and rain, storms that decimated the landscape and brought destruction. As with most storms, it is when you are in the eye, feeling the power of the wind on your face that you are faced with the choice to trust or fear, for the outcome is unknown, and all we do know is the hand that holds us.
I start by letting you in on the news that the Daytec family is growing by two feet. That's right. Two little tan feet. We are 11.5 weeks pregnant with Little #3, and all of our hearts are joyous, thankful, already crazily in love.
Two days ago, as our family was on an overnight stay a few miles away, celebrating Francis coming home after 10 days away serving in Tacloban, our newest storm began.
As I (Leah) was napping with Julia and Avea, my water broke, and soon after I began to bleed heavily and have strong contractions.
My incredible husband started an I.V., and we prayed over this little one, knowing with clinical minds that it looked inevitable that I was losing this baby, yet knowing with greater certainty that our God holds and determines this life.
Yesterday we traveled two hours to the doctor for an ultrasound, and we saw our perfect baby on the screen, wiggling and jumping, and heard the sound of a strong heartbeat. Amazing. We also saw a mass of blood---a Sub Chorionic Hemorrhage-- that is more than twice the size of our baby. (This is the same condition I had when pregnant with Avea, but this time the bleed is much bigger.) It appears that my Amniotic sac has re-sealed and there is adequate fluid left at this point.
Our doctor is not hopeful for our baby's survival, medically speaking there is less than a 5% chance, as the mass of blood is very very large, I continue to have strong contractions, and now the amniotic sac is compromised, leaving an open door for infection. I have been put on strict bed-rest, with I.V. and drugs to stop the contractions.
We are peaceful. Our hearts and minds are at rest, and we are trusting our great God, who somehow loves this child more fiercely than we do. We do not pretend to know the outcome of this storm, but we are praying, and trusting, and knowing that God holds us--- All five of us. We are floating on a sea of His goodness, and hearing Him speak that He is with us.
We would be grateful and humbled if you would pray with us for our baby, and that Grace would continue to cover us like a thick blanket, as it always seems to.
We are so thankful for you, and honored to be partners with you in loving Jesus and loving people.
Grace and Peace,
The Dayec Five